Volunteering with Us
Volunteers for Palliative Care Inc.
Our treasured volunteers bring compassion, dedication, and diverse skills to provide exceptional support and make a positive impact for those facing end-of-life challenges.
We value diversity and welcome volunteers from all backgrounds who bring a non-judgmental and professional attitude to their role.
We are highly flexible as to how many hours you volunteer and when. We offer a range of volunteer roles. You may even like to try more than just one role! Available opportunities:
- Community Companionship and Respite Care Volunteer
- Transport Assistance Volunteers
- Life Stories and Memoir Writing Volunteers
- Fundraising volunteers to help extend our services
- Volunteer Board Member to help guide and govern us
- Volunteer Administrative support to help streamline our operations.
- Volunteer promotional support to raise awareness of our services.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, we invite you to:
Our Coordinator can help you understand the application process and answer any questions you may have. She will also arrange to meet with you to discuss your motivations, interests, and availability and will match your skills with the needs of our clients and organisation.
Our volunteers receive practical training specifically designed for palliative care volunteering. This ensures that you have a comprehensive understanding of the nature of palliative care and the responsibilities involved and the skills necessary to provide compassionate and effective support.
Our volunteers do not provide personal care, nursing, medication management, shopping (without the client’s presence) or housework.